Sunday, February 16, 2014

Book Review: Powers That Be by Anne McCaffrey & Elizabeth Ann Scarborough


(Petaybee Book 1)


BLURB


Strange things were happening on the icy planet called Petaybee. Unauthorized genetically engineered species had been spotted, while some people were simply disappearing. None of the locals were talking to the company, so the company sent disabled combat veteran Yanaba Maddock to spy. But a strange thing happened. With her relocation to the arctic planet came a return of Yana's health and strength. And the more she got to know the people of Petaybee, the more determined she became to protect her new home....


3 STARS

My Review


Powers That Be is a little strange, but interesting. I didn't find myself really connecting with any of the characters and I'm not sure why. Some of the elements of this story are definitely unique, at least in my reading experience. This is a nice, light science fiction story with a little romance and mystery thrown in for good measure. Not a bad book at all, but it simply didn't catch hold of me enough to make me want to buy the next book in the series.


AMAZON




No comments:

Post a Comment