Friday, December 27, 2013

Book Review: Tears Of Requiem by Daniel Arenson


Blurb


The nightshades cover the land. Demons of smoke and shadow, they fear no sword or arrow. They suck the souls from all who live, like a glutton sucking marrow from bones. The world falls under their darkness.

But the nightshades crave more than random ruin. The souls of mere humans will not sate them. They seek dragons.

Requiem's last dragons, a mere scattering of survivors, have fought off men and griffins. But how can they fight the nightshades, creatures they cannot cut or burn?

I give it 3 stars
 
My Review
 
The story of Requiem continues in book two of the Song Dragons Trilogy, Tears of Requiem. I did not enjoy this one as much as I did the first book in the trilogy. There were still some epic fights and interesting play between the characters, but I didn't feel like the story really progressed. It was almost like reading the first book over again, in a bad sort of way.
 
I still love the shape-shifting dragons and I still really like the characters, except I didn't like the turn the character of Dies Irae made. It lessened his appeal as a villain, in my opinion.
 
It's still a good book, but after liking the first one so much, I couldn't help but be disappointed. I've already begun reading the final book and I can only hope it better lives up to the potential of the first book, which Tears of Requiem failed to meet.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment